Biocare Defense is a natural product containing Brown Algae (Ascophyllum nodosum, Laminaria digitata) amino acids and natural extracts of essential oils.
– Ascophyllum nodosum algae withstand periods of immersion and periods outside the water,
following tidal cycles. In this particular condition, they had to adapt physiologically by developing natural defence mechanisms against the continuous situations of water, thermal and saline stress.
– The Laminaria digitata seaweed is a floating seaweed usually present in deep waters. Under
stress conditions, the algae rises to the surface producing laminarine which, collected and then cold
processed, maintains their natural components unaltered. Their chemical structure is very similar to
that of specific products for the degradation of the cell walls of pathogenic fungi. By introducing this
type of molecule into the lymphatic vessels of plants, the plant identifies it as a signal of attack, triggering its own defensive responses.
– Amino acids improving metabolism and hormonal balance of all plant tissues
– The extracts of essential oils (pinene, conforene, limonene, tannins, flavonoids, resins,
phenolic acids, etc..) have functions of antioxidants, repellents, anti-inflammatories,
antiseptics, antibacterial, fungicides, etc. ….
Biocare Defense acts as a resistance inducer through a complex mechanism known as LAR (local
acquired resistance) and SAR (systemic acquired resistance).
Biocare Defense also applied in fertigation combats the proliferation of nematodes and other pathogenic individuals that find shelter in the soil
Biocare Defense contains extracts of essential oils that have the function of repellent and
Amino acids and total peptides: 20,00 %
Total Nitrogen (N): 4,00 %
Total organic Carbon (C): 15,00 %
The use of biocare Defense in the vegetative phases advised allows:
– strengthen the cell walls and tissues of the plant;
– increase the production of phytoalexins;
– increase the accumulation of Resveratrol or Scopoletin (depending on the crop variety);
– increase protein production;
– reduce the opening of leaf stomata, thus limiting the accessibility of pathogens in the plant.
Once these mechanisms are triggered, when the plant is actually attacked by a pathogen, the internal defences will already be activated.
Foliar use: The dosage is referred to about 1.000 L of water for ha.
Peach, Apricot, Cherry, etc:
– starting from fruit set, in the presence of physiological stress caused by fungal attacks and bacteria: 250-300 ml/hl.
(2,5 – 3,0 L/ha). It is recommended to repeat the treatment post-harvest at a dose of 200 ml / hl. (2,0 L/ha).
– in the post-harvest phase, beginning of leaf fall: 300 ml/hl. (3 – 3,5 L/ha).
Citrus, Vine (wine and table):
– repeat the treatment several times during the vegetative cycle: 300-350 ml/hl. (3-3,5 L/ha).
– repeat the treatment several times during the vegetative cycle: 300-350 ml/hl. (3 – 3,5 L/ha).
Tomatoes, Potatoes, Eggplants, Peppers, Squash, Cucumber, Beans, etc:
– from the first stages of cultivation: 150-200 ml/hl. (1,5 -2,0 L/ha).
– from the first stages of cultivation: 100-150 ml/hl. (1 -1,5 L/ha).Repeat several times during cultivation.
Ornamental and floricultural crops:
– from the first stages of cultivation: 100 – 150 ml/hl. (1 – 1,5 L/ha).Repeat several times during cultivation.
In fertigation repeat during the vegetative cycle:
arboreal crops horticultural crops 10- 15 lt /ha
You can associate Biocare Defense with Microelements and NPK. The recommended doses are indicative and should be increased or decreased according to the characteristics of the area and the needs of each crop. You can associate biocare Defense with biocare Cu
1 L; 5 L; 25 L